Monday, January 17, 2011

Just Talkin'

Good Monday Morning To You!!!

WOW!!! I wish all of you could have been at Friendship Harmony yesterday! Once again we set an attendance record and the excitement is nothing short of contagious. Our husband/wife acting team from New York was with us and what a blessing they were. They portrayed the Apostle Peter right after he denied knowing Christ. You could really sense the shame and remorse Peter must surely have felt. Peter, played by Matthew Zawisa, explained the difference between remorse and repentance. Peter said that Judas felt remorse. He was sorry and hung himself. Peter also felt remorse, but repented --- he changed direction. He turned back to Christ. What a blessing for Peter, and what an example for the rest of us.

After the service, we had a soup, salad, and dessert dinner. I tell you the cooks at Friendship Harmony are some of the finest. Notice I didn’t say the ladies; much of what was served today was fixed by some of our men. It was a good time of fellowship, food, and friendship. That is why our Church has such an unusual double first name. We all feel a great friendship with one another, and we come together in harmony, so Friendship Harmony. I feel like I have been waiting all my life for a Church like this to come along. The excitement, the presence of the LORD, the warmth of the people….. I guess it sounds like I’m bragging, and I guess I am. It’s just that this Church is such a blessing. There are no unimportant people at Friendship Harmony. There is no small group making and forcing their will on everyone else --- everyone at this Church has a voice and their opinions and wise council are are welcomed and appreciated. Not since I left Cincinnati thirteen years ago have I experienced Church they way it’s meant to be. If I sound giddy, I probably am. I just cannot figure out for the life of me why the LORD would choose me for such a great Church! I stand in awe when I think about it. The only thing I know to do is serve Him as best I can, and lean totally upon Him. If anything praiseworthy comes to Friendship Harmony, it comes from Christ and all praise, glory, and credit goes to Jesus. I’m just a tool in the Carpenter’s hand. I do not want it to ever be different.

I’ve got to tell you a little bit about our car. I’m one of these that names my cars. Our current car, a red Mercury Marquis named Miss Daisy, has 167,000 miles. It has been a good car, but it’s starting to show its age. I am thankful that my mechanic, Carl, is so good at what he does. He’s keeping Miss Daisy roadworthy, and keeping a good sense of humor about it. For those of you here on Pine Island, I can whole heartedly recommend Carl’s Service to you. They are good at what they do, and as honest as a New Testament saint. Carl proudly says no one can beat him on tire prices, and I can personally vouch for that. I do not mind telling you about him because I want you to be treated right while you are here. If I, or anyone at Friendship Harmony can ever be of assistance to you, please call. If we can recommend a good business or doctor, or anything else, we’d be only to happy to do so. If you go by and see Carl, tell him hello from Pastor Vic.

Thank you for being such a loyal reader of Monday Morning With Pastor Vic. I appreciate each of you, and it is for you that I write. I enjoy communicating God’s word both behind the pulpit and sitting at my laptop.
Have a good, safe, and healthy week. I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment