Sunday, May 15, 2011

Standing In Support Of Israel

Good Monday Morning To You

Thanks for letting me come into your home, office, or where ever you are. I count it a joy to be able to do so. Last week was one of those weeks where it seemed like there was not enough hours in the day. This week seems to be heading in that same direction, but I love it. Many ministry opportunities are on the horizon, but those that the LORD suddenly puts in your path are the most exciting. I call those “pop ups” - you’ve made your plans, then suddenly God places something, or most likely someone in your path and you just know it is a Divine appointment. It just pops up. It reminds me of Jabez from 1 Chronicles 4:9,10. He prayed for pop ups. He said, “…that thou would … enlarge my coast…” That means, “put people or things in my path that I can be of service to.” Do you pray for pop ups? It seems like when ever you do, more pop ups come your way. If you would like further study on the prayer of Jabez, there is a book at your local Christian bookstore called The Prayer of Jabez. I highly recommend it. A week from this coming Sunday I will, the LORD willing, conclude the current sermon series, The Heroes of Israel, with Jabez. This coming Sunday we will look at Boaz, but more about these two splendid people in the coming weeks.

Yesterday at Friendship Harmony was another super day! The off season attendance is holding well and God is abundantly blessing. Yesterday was the 63rd anniversary of Israel becoming a sovereign state. Moses would spin in his grave if he heard me say that Israel was only 63 years old! However, 63 years ago, Israel was formally re-gathered, and was recognized as a sovereign state. Our church, along with many others, observed the day by joining with Pastor John Hagee in “Christians United For Israel Sunday.” I preached a message on the topic, Why Christians Must Support Israel. I emphasized that these reasons were not simply my opinions, but were the opinions of Scripture. The sermon notes are below. You may feel free to use them for your own Bible study. As always, if you need any help, feel free to contact me.

Why Christians Must Support Israel
Isaiah 62:1
By Victor W. Cooper
05/11,13/11

I. God called Israel
A. through Abraham. Genesis 12:1-3 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
B. through Isaac. Genesis 17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
C. through Jacob. Genesis 50:24 And Joseph said unto his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.

II. God loved Israel.
A. He said his love was everlasting. Jeremiah 31:1,3 At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people. 3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
1. Everlasting>Heb> o-lawm’ always, throughout eternity
B. God makes an offering.
Hosea 14:4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
1. Freely>Heb>ned-aw-bah’>voluntary
Freewill offering
C. God has a future purpose for Israel.
Amos 9:14-15 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. 15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

III. God called them His people. Isaiah 43:1;51:16 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. 16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

IV. God commands love for Israel. Psalm 122:6-7 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. 7 Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

V. Jesus loved Israel. Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
A. Jesus knew the ramifications of Israel rejecting her Messiah. Luke 19:42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
1. Messiah would be crucified. Daniel 9:26-27 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself…
A. “Cut off” was a term used for a criminal being executed.
2. The coming kingdom would be delayed
(Luke 19:42, “hid from thine eyes,” and Daniel 9:26, “but not for himself.”)
(Other verses supporting Israel’s prophetic future are as follows)

ISRAEL, REGATHERING OF
5954. Scriptural Promises
Homer Duncan has given a list of at least 25 references from the Prophets where God promises Israel that He will gather them to Canaan and give the land to them:
(1) Isaiah 11:11-12
(2) Isaiah 14:1-3
(3) Isaiah 27:12-13
(4) Isaiah 43:1-7
(5) Jeremiah 16:14-16
(6) Jeremiah 23:3-8
(7) Jeremiah 29:14
(8) Jeremiah 30:10-11
(9) Jeremiah 31:8-10
(10) Jeremiah 32:37-38
(11) Ezekiel 11:17
(12) Ezekiel 20:34
(13) Ezekiel 20:41-42
(14) Ezekiel 34:11-13
(15) Ezekiel 36:24
(16) Ezekiel 36:28
(17) Ezekiel 36:33-38
(18) Ezekiel 37:1-14
(19) Ezekiel 37:21-22
(20) Ezekiel 39:25-28
(21) Hosea 1:10-11
(22) Amos 9:14-15
(23) Micah 4:4-7
(24) Zeph. 3:18-20
(25) Zech. 8:4-8
— Encyclopedia of 15,000 Illustrations

Preached at Friendship Harmony B.C. May 15, 2011 in the morning service.

I hope the study notes help. For those of you who are here with us, don’t forget the opportunities of the week. Be sure to check yesterday’s bulletin for events, times, and places. The ladies luncheon was not in the bulletin, so if you are interested, please call Miss Bessie at our home. May the LORD bless your week and I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment