Sunday, June 12, 2011

The branches without the vine.

Good Monday Morning To You. I will only have an abbreviated blog this week. I’ve done much writing in the past few days and am kinda tired of this keyboard. I do not know how to type, so for me writing can be a laborious event. I type by the Biblical method: seek and ye shall find. I do want to say that yesterday at Friendship Harmony was really good. The attendance was good and it was fellowship meal day. We had more food than we had people to eat it. As usual it was super delicious.

My message was titled Never Leave The Vine. It comes from John 15:1-8. The point of the message was that without the vine the branches are dead. The notes are hear for your private Bible study.

Never Leave The Vine
John 15:1-8
By Victor Cooper
06/11/11

Intro: Jesus said in John 15:5, “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” It is in the best interest of the branches to never leave the vine.

I. A branch is to bear fruit. v2
A. Fruit is useful as it sustains us. Example: An Arab boy once told me that in his country, a tree that was not fruit bearing would be cut down. No tree would be planted for its looks alone. There simply was not enough available land to allow it.

II. A branch is special.
A. v2 A good branch is taken care of.
B. v3 A good branch is clean.
Clean > Gk. kath-ar-os’> pure
C. A good branch is one with the vine. V4a; 5a

III. A branch separated from the vine is doomed. v6
A. That branch is withered. Gk.> xay-rah’-ee-no>
Shriveled
B. That branch will be burned. Cf John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
C. That branch cannot bring forth fruit. v5
D. That branch can not ask that its needs be met.
v7
E. That branch can not glorify God. v8
cf Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Conclusion: It is in the best interest of the branch to never leave the vine.

Preached 6/12/11/am at Friendship Harmony Baptist Church

Next Monday we’ll talk about Father’s day. Until then, have a good, safe, and restful week. I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment