Sunday, February 19, 2012

Praise the LORD!

Good Monday Morning To You!

Have you had a good week?  I do hope so.  Before I go any further, let me give you an update on Mom’s condition.  She is still in the I. C. U. in Cincinnati.  She has pneumonia and a urinary track infection which are being treated with antibiotics.  She also requires much oxygen and is not eating very much.  My brother, Greg, tells me she still has times of confusion, but when her mind is clear, it is very clear.  The doctors say she is recovering, albeit at a snail’s pace.  For those who do not know, she was rushed to the hospital a week ago last Friday with a gall bladder that was seeping poison and was ready to rupture.  The Lord brought her through the surgery, and  I’ve got to believe she will make a complete recovery.  I do not believe the Lord provides half a healing.  We thank you for your prayers, and I ask that you also remember my brother.  He is holding down two jobs and seeing to mom.  I’m sure he is exhausted.  For Bess and me, being eleven hundred miles away is hard.  We feel so helpless.  I do not know what we could do if we were there, but sometime being there helps.  I don’t know who it would help more, her or us.  When the time comes, we will likely make a trip north, but for now we’ll remain here and keep you updated on our Facebook page and in this blog.  Our page is www.facebook.com/friendshipharmony.

What a tremendous service we had yesterday!  We had another high attendance day, and our song service was incredible.  Our congregation raised their voices as one in praise to the Lord.  I heard several people comment on how much they enjoyed both hearing, and being a part of it.  Our Church is also blessed to have two pastors; Bro. Bob Felber and me.  It is truly my honor to be serving with such a fine man as Bob.  He preached a powerful message yesterday concerning God’s plan for the ages.  He covered material from the first coming of Christ, until well past His Second Coming.  To cover that much in a thirty minute message is quite difficult, but Pastor Felber did it superbly.  I wish every one of you reading this blog could come and enjoy a service at FHBC.  You do not just attend a service here, you experience it.  If you’re anywhere close by, come and experience Friendship Harmony!

So, what is it that makes this Church so special?  Why do so many want to come worship here?  There are several reasons.  The first and greatest is that the Spirit of the living Lord is not only here, but is alive and active.  You can literally feel His presence when you walk into the building.  The second is the love for one another and the spirit of cooperation that is part of who we are.  Visitors come back because they feel good about being here, and they are made to feel like one of us.  Indeed they are!  The Friendship Harmony experience is for anyone who is seeking an encounter with Jesus Christ.  Believers will be blessed and encouraged, and sinners will be loved and shown God’s way of redemption.  Believe me when I tell you, Friendship Harmony has to be experienced.

My preaching schedule is as follows:
Sunday 2-26, “ Going Forward - Walking”  Series message part 2
Sunday 3-4,  “Going Forward - Running” Series message part 3 (conclusion)
Sunday 3-11 “The Horses In Satan’s Stable” (resumption of prophecy series)

I hope you can be with us.  If you can’t due to distance, pray for us, please.  Pray that the Lord will continue to bless us as He is now doing, and pray that we as a congregation will keep our eyes on Him and never brag about what we are doing.  It is all Him --- that’s what makes it so incredible!!!  Again keep up with us @ www.facebook.com/friendshipharmony and click “like.” Thanks for being a loyal reader of Monday Morning With Pastor Vic.  I really appreciate it.  Have a good and safe week and once again, thanks for praying for my mom, Alene Cooper.  I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment