Monday, July 1, 2013

The Call To Fall

Good Monday Morning To You!!!

Welcome to July! This year is half over, but it seems like it has just begun. How is the weather where you are? Are you experiencing any of the oppressive heat? Not too long ago we were talking about it being so cold. In this life, things change. We change. As I approach my sixtieth birthday, I look back on my life and see nothing but change. Health, family, friends, career – they have all changed. However, in the midst of all that change, God remains the same. He said in Malachi 3:6, “For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed”. Because He is stable and does not change, we can cling to Him and not be consumed, i.e. brought to an end. There is a song that says, “Hold to God’s unchanging hand.” While I am happy to be able to hold to His hand, I am even happier to have Him hold to mine. Psalm 73:23 says, “Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.” God promises to do that. The LORD told Isaiah, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10

Today I had planned to tell you why I am being called the duck-man. However, the events of this past week with our Supreme Court opening the flood gates of sin by making possible same sex marriage, I feel compelled to address this most serious issue. In the paragraph above I spoke about change. I was born in 1954, and grew up in the fifties, sixties, and seventies. Back then homosexual marriage would never have even come up for consideration. When I was a child, I never even knew what the word meant. Today it is an accepted practice called an “alternative lifestyle.” You can give sin a bath, put the finest cologne on it, dress it in a fine Taylor made suit, and call it handsome and debonair, but it is still sin with all its filth, degradation, and ugliness.

Anybody who knows me knows I get angry when I listen to talk radio. I have quit listening. Caller after caller, guest after guest all talk about problems. Rarely do you ever hear anyone offering a solution. In the paragraph above I cited a problem; one that has more deadly potential than a direct hit from a nuclear missile. As a matter of fact, Satan is hitting us with his evil bombs continually. The Apostle Paul called them “fiery darts.”

The cure for our country can be found in 2 Chron. 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” Notice to whom The LORD is speaking: “My people.” We are trying to clean up Washington and straighten up the politicians, but God says, “If MY people…” The Bible tells us that judgment begins at the house of God. We will not straighten out the mess the country is in until we first straighten up the Church. That cannot, nor will not happen until we, as born again believers, gets our individual hearts right with God. Child of God, I’m speaking to you. I am also speaking to me. It is time for revival in the hearts of God’s people.

Yesterday Friendship Harmony, along with many other churches observed a time called “The Call To Fall.” It is a time for believers to fall on their knees before Almighty God and heed the teaching of 2 Chronicles 7:14. The LORD wants to enter into a covenant with His people to heal America. For those of you reading outside the United States, your country can be healed too by following the same pattern.. For a more in depth look at this topic, on Tuesday, go to our video at www.youtube.com. From their home page, type Friendship Harmony Baptist Church and hit enter. Then, simply scroll to the sermon title, The Call To Fall. Feel free to share the information about the video with others. I wish everyone could hear this message. The information is timely because America is running out of time. The last thing we need is for God to, “…give them over to a reprobate mind…” When God does this, He abandons, or walks away from a people. This we do not need. President Ronald Reagan was right when he said, “If we ever cease to be one nation under God, we’ll be one nation gone under.” Please view the video and heed the words of promise.

I hope you enjoy your July 4th holiday. As you celebrate our freedoms, please be sure to thank God for the blessings of liberty, and ask Him to bless our land. Do it by the Scripture I spoke of today; 2 Chronicles 7:14. A happy holiday to you, and I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment