Sunday, September 26, 2010

What's New?

Good Monday Morning to you.
Let me say a special Happy Birthday to Queen Elizabeth today. I do not believe she reads my blog as I have only one reader in Great Britian, but who knows? Can you guess which country comes in second after the United States for Monday Morning With Pastor Vic readers? Believe it or not it is China. When I got that report I was both surprised and happy. Back in April of 1972 when I answered the call to preach, I never dreamed I’d proclaim the Gospel to an international audience. I was happy preaching wherever I could in the Cincinnati area. That was before laptops and the internet in homes. Today, I can sit in my house in Southwest Florida, type something, and it has a world-wide audience with the potential to reach millions. Can you imagine what the Apostle Paul could have done with the internet available to him? What Paul could not do, we can do for him, and it’s my privilege to do so. Let me also say thank you to readers in Canada, Denmark, and Australia. Tell me where you are! Go down to the comments section and let me know what country you are in or which of our United States you call home.
Below are the sermon notes used Sunday Morning 9/26/10. Feel free to use them for your personal Bible study. Let me know if I can help!

What’s New?
Rev.21:5
By Victor Cooper
9/23,24,25/10

I. We are given a new birth. Read John 3:3-7
A. Jesus emphasized the new birth is a must.
1. One cannot see the Kingdom of God without it! v5
` 2. Nicodemus realized he cannot make it happen. V4
3. Remember, Jesus says He makes all things new. The new birth is a gift of grace.
a. Grace is receiving from God that which you do not deserve.

II. We are given a new nature. Read 2 Cor.5:17
Bible Knowledge Commentary--- The new life of devotion to Christ means that one has new attitudes and actions.
A. The sin nature is gone; not replaced --- gone!
B. Remember, “I make all things new.”
C. Survey: Can you go 15 minutes without sinning?
D. If you have a new nature, you should be able to. Sin is not automatic, it’s a choice.


III. You have a new Master. Read John 8:selected
A. v34,44a,47 Sinners serve the devil --- he is their master.
B. Many times in the NT Jesus is referred as Master and Lord.
C. Satan is the old master but remember, “I make all things new.” Jesus is the new Master.

IV. We are a new instrument. Read Isaiah 41:15,16
A. A new instrument whereas before none existed.
B. An instrument for God.
C. An instrument empowered by God.
D. An instrument guaranteed to succeed.

Later this week October sets in. This year certainly has rushed past at lightning speed! I set a goal for this page of 250 readers by Halloween. We are nowhere near that. Can you help me? Would you be willing to E-mail everybody in your address book and ask them to subscribe? Pleeeease? Tell them to go to www.preachercooper.com and hit the subscribe button over on the right hand side of the page. Tell them it is free and they can unsubscribe at anytime if they should ever wish. I really appreciate it and I will never take for granted the God given privilege I have of having you as a reader. My life’s Scripture passage is from Jeremiah chapter one. It says, “Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” I do not take these verses arrogantly or lightly. I try to fulfill them. Thank you for your prayers. Bess and I pray for you our readers as well. If you ever have any specific prayer concerns, feel free to leave them in the comments section by clicking on the word “comments” at the bottom of this article, or E-mail me at www.preachercooper@hotmail.com. Have a good, healthy, and safe week, and I’ll see you nest Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment