Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We goofed!

Good Tuesday Morning to you, or which ever day you read this. Circumstances beyond my control prevented me from being able to post this blog late Sunday evening so that you could have it on Monday morning. We have become so accustomed to technology being at our immediate call that when it fails us, we are stranded. For years I fought getting a computer, and when we finally did, I did not do any Bible Study or sermon prep on it --- I didn’t know how! Then a dear lady at the church, Jacque Blaney, bought me a laptop for Christmas. She said one of her former pastors had one and that it revolutionized his sermon preparation. For my birthday, which is less than a month past Christmas, Bess bought me a very nice Bible study program. I learned to use them, enjoyed them, and came to depend upon them. When my laptop went to cyber-heaven, I had to go back to the old way of doing things. Have you heard the old saying, “You can’t go back again?” I’m here to tell you truer words were never spoken. I struggled! How I missed my computerized way of Sermonizing! Now I have another laptop and I downloaded my study program onto it. I had to download version # 7 of a Bible Study program called Word Search. My former Word Search 5 is not compatible with Windows 7. My former computer had Windows XP which I liked. I’m not crazy about Windows 7 or Word Search 7. Oh well, so much for my fussing. there is one thing I know I can absolutely depend on and it will never fail --- my Lord Jesus Christ. He said, “I am the LORD, I change not.” I take great comfort in that promise!

On Sunday I preached about deliverance. I suppose the message title could have been “The Door To Deliverance.” We talked about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: the three Hebrew children of Daniel chapter 3. They were facing certain death and as humans just like us, I’m sure they prayed to be delivered from their situation. I’m sure they prayed for a door of deliverance. God indeed provided a door, but not what they had figured on. Their door to deliverance was a fiery furnace. However, they were indeed delivered and God received the glory. If you fast forward to Daniel chapter 6, another Hebrew named Daniel was facing certain death by being fed to hungry lions. As a regular man, as are we, Daniel prayed for deliverance. His door to deliverance was the lion’s den --- not exactly the doorway he was hoping for. However, it was his door to deliverance and as before, God got the glory. Are you going through a hard time or situation? Are you praying for deliverance? Do you find that sometime in your praying you even start advising God on the best doorways to deliverance? I know I have. I was praying just last week and I found myself saying, “Lord, I asked you for deliverance. What happened?” His answer was, “You asked for deliverance, but sometime you get the fiery furnace.” As I studied and prepared for the message, I learned that asking for deliverance is fine, but trust God to determine the right door.

I do hope you have a safe, healthy, and good week. Hopefully next Monday morning we back on track again with the blog posts. Thanks for reading and my prayer is that these little writings will inspire you to be the best Christian you can be. If you are not a follower of Christ, or are not sure, feel free to contact me at preachercooper@hotmail.com. I look forward to the next time we meet --- next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment