Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh Glorious Day!!!

Good Day To You! Welcome to Monday Morning With Pastor Vic. I’m excited. We had a tremendous service at Friendship Harmony yesterday! The services are always good, but yesterday’s was vibrant, stirring, and alive! The presence of the LORD was so real. I know He was working in the hearts of several. Satan was there, too. He tried everything he could to derail the service. There is an ice making machine about twenty feet from the pulpit. If you’ve never been to Friendship Harmony, we meet in a clubhouse. It is a large open area resembling many church fellowship halls. That ice machine was dropping ice cubes quickly and noisily. Most folk didn’t hear it, but it was bothering me greatly. Other little annoyances went on, but the LORD prevailed and the service was a true blessing. I wish all of you could have been there! The attendance was super, but there is always room for more. Last month we made over 300 visits between several of us. I believe it is paying off as the neighborhood is beginning to respond. Please pray for our outreach efforts.

We are beginning another small group next week. It will be a study of “Prominent Women of the Bible.” This group will meet on Mondays at the home of Gail Mooney. This will make our fifth functioning small group. It is just so wonderful to see what the LORD is doing here at FHBC! A sixth group is in the works and may start soon. Friendship Harmony reminds me of the little train that could. Even though slightly over a year ago, we were unsure as to if we could plant a successful church, the LORD blessed and next month we celebrate our first year as a constituted, fully functioning Church. If it sounds like I bragging, you’re right --- I am. I’m bragging on Jesus. He is the reason our Church was founded. He alone is our reason for being there. He is the one who is bringing it all to pass, not me, nor anyone else in our group. Yes, we have many dedicated workers at Friendship Harmony, but to God be the glory. Some of our folk might not even consider themselves as Church workers. They simply go about inviting and bringing visitors. How important is that? Try to build a church without it; you cannot. When members get excited about the LORD and their church, wonderful things begin to happen. The LORD starts blessing. I’ve told our people to invite, invite, invite, and never give up on inviting. Those you invite might never come, but God will send someone. Our job is to invite: God’s is to bring the increase. (1 Cor. 3:6)

We are doing a prophecy series at Friendship Harmony. Yesterday we looked at the Rapture. Next week we will examine what happens to the believer after that. I’m sorry that I could not publish any sermon notes this week; there were none. For my text, I preached an expository of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. If you want to study this further, let me know and I will recommend some good material to you.

Have a good and a safe week. If you’re up north, stay warm, if you’re here in Southwest Florida, stay cool. I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment