Monday, April 30, 2012

Renters Responsibility

Good Monday Morning To You! How was your past week? Mine was pretty routine --- at least as routine as a preacher’s week can be. I had an interesting conversation with a Jewish friend. He rejects the fact that Jesus is the Messiah. As we talked, I could not help but think of what the Apostle Paul might have said to him if he could be standing there in conversation with us. My friend asked me why would I pray to a mere man. I told him I wouldn’t. I told him Jesus indeed was a man born of a woman, but that He is also the Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and that he is fully God. My friend and I disagreed, but we were able to depart still friends. I’m happy about that! Wow!!! What a fantastic service we had yesterday At Friendship Harmony. Ken and Margaret Birdsong led our song service for the final time. As you might recall, earlier this month I announced their intention to retire as our Minister of Music and pianist. The Birdsongs played a trumpet - piano duet that was absolutely spectacular. We will miss their musical leadership, and the sweet fellowship we shared. Now, for the announcement I mentioned on our Facebook page. I’m pleased to announce that Karan Barry from Cape Coral will be following Margaret at the piano. Karan is a fine keyboardist, and she loves her Lord very much. She will continue the tradition of excellent music at Friendship Harmony. I was hoping to be able to tell you that we had also secured the services of a worship leader, but it was not to be. Keep praying that the LORD will supply a minister of music for us. The LORD sent the Birdsongs, as well as Sister Barry, so I believe He will send someone to direct our music. As I’ve said so many times before, you do not attend Friendship Harmony, you experience Friendship Harmony. Our song service is the reason why. I cannot help but believe that practice will continue. I continued our series on the parables of Jesus. Yesterday we looked at the story of a man who rented his field to another, then sent his servants to collect the agreed upon payment. The renters killed the servants, so the landowner sent more. Once again the servants were killed and no rent was paid. Finally, the landlord sent his own son to collect, but he too was killed. The contract breaking murderers even believed they could steal the land. Matthew tells us in chapter 21 verse 45, “And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.” They were exactly right; He was. However, the parable also speaks to each of us. Jesus wants you to know that you are the gardeners in His field, and you are responsible for bringing forth fruit. The parable teaches us that the landowner had supplied the husbandmen (sharecroppers) with every thing they needed in order to be successful. Verse 33 tells us, “…There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:” He planted it, hedged it, installed a winepress, in it, and built security towers. Everything necessary for success was in place. God has given us all we need in order to be fruitful servants. Jesus told us in John 15:8, “Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” My question to you is this: Are you a fruit bearing servant of Jesus Christ? I do need you to remind you that not all fruit bearers are part of the harvest. Scriptures also teach us that “…I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. [8] Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. [9] For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. (1 Cor. 3:6, 8-9.) Restating my original question, “Are you using the gifts and resources God has entrusted to you to bring forth fruit for Him? Read the parable and ask the Holy Spirit for His guidance. He will be only too happy to guide you to an understanding. May the Lord bless your upcoming week, and please continue to remember Friendship Harmony in your prayers. I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!! Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment