Monday, February 17, 2014

Attacked By An Alien


Good Monday Morning to you!!!

Early Sunday Morning, about 4:00 am, I woke up fully covered, but freezing like I was laying on a hockey rink. If that wasn’t bad enough, I couldn’t catch my breath. You have never experienced fright as what you have when you cannot breathe. My first thought was my heart. In an action very uncharacteristic for me, I asked Miss Bessie to call 911. She called and they very quickly assured us that my heart was fine. With my chills, my body aches, and the fever, they thought I might have a bug that is going around. I made several visits to several hospitals last week, so I expect I picked up something in the hospital. Miss Bessie had spent 4 days in the hospital. But my symptoms were nothing like hers.

At this point I want to thank our associate Pastor, Bob Felber. I called Bob about 7:00 am, and he graciously agreed to fill the pulpit. Bob and I both understand the Biblical mandate we are under as preachers. 2 Tim. 4:2 says
“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” I have been on both sides of that mandate as has Pastor Felber. In any event, it seemed so weird to be in bed on Sunday morning. Thank you to Bob for pinch hitting. I heard he knocked it out of the park. Thanks also to Bill Wolfe, Eleanor McDonnell, and the entire FHBC congregation for carrying on. I’m so proud of you!

Sitting here typing is physically draining, so I’d better get to bed. Rotten is the best way to describe how Vic and Bess both feel. Miss Bessie is still sick herself, so this will be interesting.

Pray for Miss Bessie and me when it goes well with you!!! May God bless you and I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment