Sunday, February 9, 2014

Busy But Blessed

Good Monday Morning To You!

I had one of those really great days yesterday. It started with a fantastic service at Friendship Harmony. After a good discussion in Sunday School, The Majestic Sounds Quartet from Cincinnati, Ohio sang for us. It was our third anniversary/homecoming and the glory of God rained down upon our service. I gave the group all the time they wanted to sing, then I made a few brief remarks. When the invitation was given, one precious young lady came and received Christ as her Lord and Savior. What a blessing! What a Heaven bought blessing!!

After the service was dismissed, we observed that time honored tradition that most Christians keep: we feasted. I’ll say one thing for Baptist women, they sure can cook. What a meal it was! Later that day I had a luncheon to attend in Ft. Myers, so I decided not to eat too much. What I had decided to do and what I did do was two different things. I put on the feed sack and feasted. Two different ladies made meatloaf, and since that is my favorite food in all the galaxy, I tried a piece of both. They were both magnificent. All the food was good. Next month on March 9, we will do it again. Our featured guest will be Fiddlin’ Bill from right here in our area. Bill is a touring professional, and is always a crowd pleaser. Be sure to mark your calendars now, so that if you are anywhere within driving distance, you can join us. Of course, you are always invited to all FHBC services. They’re all pretty special.

As I said, Bess and I was invited to attend an alumni luncheon from my high school alma mater, Norwood High School. I graduated in 1972 and there were graduates there from as far back as 1962. For me it was an absolute treat. I’ve never been able to attend a class reunion, so this was pretty special. I was even able to reconnect with a couple I went to church with nearly thirty years ago: Paul and Barbara Crosson. Paul was the minister of music at the Tri-County Baptist Church in Cincinnati, and was perhaps the best music director I have ever known. Whether he was leading the choir or the congregation, he pulled better out of you than you thought you could give. Paul's wife, Barbara, is also a Norwood High School graduate.

Today is shaping up to be special as well. Tonight the class I teach at the South West Florida Bible Seminary will be presenting their mid term projects. I do not give a mid term exam, but assign a project that reflects what we are studying. This class is Parabolic Interpretation, so each student is to write their own parable. It can be about anything they wish, religious or secular, but it must follow the interpretive rules. I believe they will do well! I will let you know next week.

By way of an announcement, there will be no video posting tomorrow. With the group singing, we did not tape due to copyright restrictions. You can, however, view past videos if you’d like. You can see them at www.facebook.com/friendshipharmony. Remember, you do not have to have a Facebook account to view the videos. I hope you will let me know what you think of our new condensed videos. We no longer tape the entire message, but do a “mini message” using the same notes. We try to keep the length to about 10 minutes. Be sure to let me know what you think.

Stay safe and well, so that I can see you again next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment