Sunday, March 9, 2014

Re-Living The 50's

Good Monday Morning To You!!!

I’ve got to tell you about some new friends Miss Bessie and I met the other day. I’m talking about all the good people at the Starlight Diner on Pine Island Road in Cape Coral, Florida. This new restaurant, which has only been open a week, is a 50’s themed diner where the atmosphere is as fun as the food is delicious. When you walk up to the front door, you are met by a life size statue of Elvis. As you enter, you hear the tunes of the 50’s and early 60’s. I could just imagine dropping my dime into the juke box and selecting Fats Domino, Dion and The Belmonts, and Chuck Berry. I found myself singing along with Little Richard as he sang Long Tall Sally. I would have crooned on, but then came the food. Wow!!! Delicious is not the right word. Not only was the quality of the food 5 star, but the serving sizes were very generous. They offer an extra patty of meat on the burgers, but just a single burger is thick, juicy, and as they said in the fifties, “the cat’s meow.” Their secret to success is simple: all the food is fresh. The burger meat was not pre-pressed and frozen, and the fries and chips were made from fresh cut, real live, honest to goodness potatoes. Along with many different burgers, there are other sandwiches, soups, salads, and of course no 50’s diner would be complete with out the Blue Plate Special. I can’t wait to try the meatloaf, and Miss Bessie has her eye on the liver and onions. They also serve breakfast, and have a nice kid’s menu. They are located at 1141 SW Pine Island Road, in the plaza across the street from the Bonefish Grill. Look for the Fitness Center, and the Starlight is located on the west side of the complex. There is plenty of parking, so if you’re anywhere near Cape Coral/Ft. Myers/ Pine Island, stop in and meet these folks. I promise you a great experience!

We had a good service at church yesterday. Fiddlin’ Bill sang for us, and with his easy going, sincere style, not only sang, but led us in worship. We sang, clapped, and sincerely enjoyed being a Christian. Christianity is not supposed to be a sour puss religion. It is to be enjoyed and celebrated. As you think of all the LORD has done for you, and ponder the promises He has made, you cannot help but to have joy in your heart which overflows into everyday life. As I told the congregation, if you ever find yourself down, depressed, or just plain blue, here are some words from the Book of the Revelation which, if you are a believer, should jump start your joy. If you are not saved, or are unsure, please contact me at fhbcsjc@gmail.com. I’d be happy to show you the way.

Rev. 21:1-5
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. [2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. [3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. [4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. [5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

I’m giving final exams at the Seminary tonight, so I guess I’d better head that way. I’ll let you know next week how the finals went, but I have an excellent class of students, so I fully expect to be impressed. Also I’d like to say thanks to all of you who prayed for me, called me, and e-contacted me while I was ill. I feel much better. Thank You!!!

Have a blessed and joyful week, and I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!!!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You were a great professor. I want to thank you for your time you give to the class, I have learned so much thanks to you.

    Your student

    ReplyDelete