Monday, June 9, 2014

Graduation Day

Good Monday Morning To You!

I hope this note finds you well, and enjoying all the blessings God has sent your way. Yesterday was a very special day for me. I was asked to speak at this year’s Commencement exercises at the SouthWest Florida Bible Institute. What an honor it was to be part of the joyful celebration. Several of the graduates had been in my classes, and I felt so proud. One woman, who had enjoyed a career in medicine, came to me in the receiving line of instructors and said, “I’m not shaking your hand. I need a hug from you.” I told her I would gladly hug her. I whispered in her ear that she was one of my best students, which she really was. I gave her a 95 on a paper once, and she wanted to know where her other five points were. Marlene studied hard and was proud of her accomplishments. I am proud of her and the others too. Dr. Jim Scafidi, the school’s president, explained why it was called “commencement.” He said when receiving their diplomas, the students were not facing an ending, but a beginning. My prayers are with each of the graduates as they go forward and use their education to assist in the advancement of the Kingdom Of God!

The service at Friendship Harmony was such a blessing. The attendance was good, and it was so good to have been in the house of the LORD. At Friendship Harmony, we sing the old tried and true hymns, and we still use our hymnals. None of us have any fight with the more modern ways, but there is such a comfort in being part of services similar to those like when we were growing up. We consider it a privilege.

The morning message was from the Parable of the Pounds from Luke chapter 19. The notes are not available at this time. I am in the process of learning to use my new laptop. I typed the notes on the old one which uses XP and Microsoft Works. My new one uses Windows 7, and Microsoft Word. I like XP and Works much better, but that is probably because they are all I know. I originally bought a laptop installed with Windows 8, but I quickly took it back. I let my daughter look at it and she said it was too much computer for me. She said Captain Picard could run the Enterprise with that thing. I won’t say it frustrated me, I’ll just say it is times like that when I thank the LORD for eternal security.

After services were over, I had to make a quick exit to get up to the school for the graduation ceremonies. I was unable to tape for the video broadcast, and that really bothered me. I am going to be working on idea which will put some videos “in the can.” That way when I cannot tape, we will have one ready to go and no one will miss the videos.

When I learn how to convert Microsoft Works to Microsoft Word, I’ll post yesterday’s notes. I bought a book called, “Microsoft Office 2013 For Dummies.” I absolutely amazes me that I have enough intelligence to be working toward my second doctorate, yet a computer which most ten year olds can routinely operate throws me into a tail spin. I know everybody has their gifts, but I wish I were just a bit more computer literate. Oh well…..

Have a good week, and stay safe and healthy. I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment