Monday, August 9, 2010

Good Morning

Good Monday Morning to you! It seems like I just said goodbye to you from last time and here we are again. Did you have as busy a week as did I? I spent some time last week shopping for a new lap-top. My old one died about two months ago. My secretary’s daughter, who is a computer guru was able to revive it, but it was very slow. It also had a mind of its own and would start doing some weird things. Unknown to me, Brenda Conley, a dear friend and member of the church here, had gone to some people in the church and had taken donations for the “buy the preacher a new lap-top campaign.” The donors are anonymous to me, but I am very grateful to those who gave. If you are one of those who gave, let me again say, “Thank You!” After several days of shopping, I found a Toshiba that I really like. The more I use it, the better I like it. Fast? Richard Petty has never been this fast. It responds very well. As a matter of fact, this blog was typed and submitted using it. I had to give up my Windows Vista for Microsoft 7, but I’ll get used to it. One of my Bible Study programs will not work with it, but again, I can adapt. The updated programs are compatible, so I really haven’t lost anything. As a matter of fact, I have gained. Over the years, free updates have been provided including new study books. So far, I like what I’ve seen, and will be able to make good use of them.

Yesterday I preached a sermon called, “The Needy Beggar.” It came from Acts 3:1-10. For your personal Bible study, here are the notes.

Intro: I was praying, and I stopped and told the Lord that I must sound like a needy beggar to Him, constantly coming to Him for help with all kinds of matters. I admitted to Him that I indeed am a needy beggar. He said then preach that to the congregation.

I. Recognize you are needy.
A. v2 He was daily laid at the temple gate, no doubt at his request.
B. v2 He asked - ashamed or not, he asked.
1. V3 He asked Peter and John, but (v5) did not know who they were.

II. Recognize you cannot supply the need.
A. v2 He had to be laid at the gate; he could not do it himself.
B. He asked for what he thought was his need.
1. He asked for a gift.
2. What he needed was a job so he could provide for himself.
3. He could not work - he was severly crippled.
4. In his day it was beg or die.
5. He had a need he could not supply.
III. Recognize you need Jesus.
A. v6 Peter tells him of Jesus.
B. v7a He reached his hand to Peter in belief.
C. v7b he was made whole.
D. v8-10a He praises God!
1. He recognized God had healed him.
2. He recognized Jesus was God.

Conclusion: Whether you are saved or lost, sinner or saint, your greatest need is Jesus Christ. The sooner you recognize that, the sooner your needs can be met. Trust Him today!

I hope these notes are useful to you. You are free to use them for your personal Bible study. You preachers may use them or adapt them to meet your needs. The same goes for you Sunday School teachers. They are copyrighted, so if you are writing anything and include any part of them, just be sure proper credit is given as is properly called when citing the work of others. Enough of this legal mumbo jumbo. I’m proud you’d even consider looking at them.

The contest continues for one more week and it is close. It’s also not too late to enter to win one of the four prizes. Just simply contact those in your address book and direct them to this site. They subscribe and you get the credit for your help. The person who enrolls the most new subscribers is the first place winner. So far, Karen Shidell of Wisconsin has a slim lead. There can be four winners, so everybody really pour it on this final week. I really appreciate your help, and I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading these. And with it still being Sunday night for me I am ahead of my phones email delivery and getting a head start.

    Prayer request: I need a better job so I can meet my needs and others. I need healing from poison ivy. It has truly poisoned me and can't do much without hurting. Its quite possible if I don't find a full time job and heal from this awful stuff I to will be laid at a gate somewhere. lol.

    ReplyDelete