Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Find No Fault With Him!!!

Good Monday Morning to you!

Have you had a good week since we visited last? I sure have. I had a super week and another great day in Church yesterday. We have the unity of the Spirit and you can feel the love and positive energy flowing from person to person in our congregation. Everyone is of one mind and one accord and it is just awesome. My message was entitled “I Find No Fault In Him!” More about that in a moment.

Yesterday was Pastor Appreciation Day in American churches. My group totally surprised me with a carry in dinner after services. It is I who am appreciative; they treat me so well. They did not have to do anything, but they gave Bess and I the dinner, great fellowship, and a few gifts. I am so blessed to shepherd these people. If your Church did not do anything for your pastor, the entire month is Pastor Appreciation month. Why not send him a card and let him know you love him and appreciate him and his family. Believe me it will mean the world to him.
As I said the sermon title was “I Find No Fault In Him!” As Pilate examined the life of Christ and could find no fault, I too have examined Him and have drawn the same conclusion: I find no fault in Him. I spoke of three areas of Christ’s ministry in which I found no fault. I found no fault with His grace, His mercy, nor His promises. As I promised our Sunday morning congregation, here are the sermon notes. Feel free to use them for your private Bible study or devotions. You teachers and preachers are free to use them as well.

“I Find No Fault In Him.”
John 19:4,6
By Victor Cooper
10/5,6,9/10
Delivered 10.10.10

Intro: Pilate told the crowd, “I find no fault in Him,” three times then turned Him over to be crucified. I find no fault with Jesus either and I want to do better by Him than did Pilate.

I. I find no fault with His grace. Grace --- quick definition
Receiving from God that which you do not deserve.
A. I have received eternal life. John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
B. I have an eternal home with Christ. John 14:1-3
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also…
C. I have the Holy Spirit. John 16:7,13a Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
D. I have received mercy.
1. Grace, by definition comes before mercy.
2. Receiving from God that which you do not deserve. We do not deserve mercy!

II. I find no fault with His mercy. Mercy --- quick definition
Not receiving from God that which you do deserve.
A. I am under no condemnation. John 3:18
 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
B. I receive no punishment. Uncondemned people are unpunished people!

III. I find no fault with His promises.
A. He promised to be my Shepherd. My shepherd:
1. guards my soul. 2 Timothy 1:12b for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
2. keeps my by God’s power. 1 Peter 1:5
are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation
3. keeps me from falling. Jude 24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
4. will keep me from the coming tribulation. Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Conclusion: I have thoroughly examined Jesus and like Pilate, I find no fault with Him. Unlike Pilate, I do not intend to turn Him over to the mob for crucifixion. I intend to love Him and serve Him as long as I have breath.

I hope you have a super and a blessed week. Remember, you are free to contact me with any prayer requests and praise reports. I really enjoy hearing how God is moving in your lives. May the Lord bless you and keep you and I look forward to seeing you again next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment