Sunday, December 30, 2012

Why Does God Delay?

Good Monday Morning To You!

Did you have a Merry Christmas? I hope your’s was good and that Santa was good to you. Someone asked me if I got a lump of coal this year. I wish I had! It is cold here in Florida. The winds were fierce this 47 degree morning, and it felt like 35. To some of you who are experiencing single digit temps, that might not sound too bad, but to us cracker boys, we’re freezing! I do, however love the smell of coal burning; it brings back memories of being at my Mamaw and Papaw Emery’s in my pre-school years. I also love the smell of bacon frying in the pan. It too brings back cherished memories.

The service at Friendship Harmony was tremendous. We were able to tape it, and hopefully it will be on youtube by Friday afternoon. I will send out a special blog to let you know if that indeed does happen. I will also make an announcement on our facebook page.

Yesterday I spoke on the topic, “When God Waits.” Has He ever made you a promise then seemed to delay? Why does He do that? In the message we looked at an experience in the life of Noah, and discovered when God waits, He is preparing you for service, and preparing the circumstances for you. Below are the notes. I hope they help in your personal Bible study. As always, preachers and Bible teachers are also allowed to use them. I hope they help.

When God Waits ©
Psalm 93:3,4
By Victor Cooper
12/27,29/12

Intro: Does it sometime seem like God wait’s a long time between what He tells you He is going to do, then doing it? God has His reasons and they are always right. We see from the experiences of Noah some of His reasons.

I. He prepared Noah for service. Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
A. It was a learning experience.
B. It was a testing experience
1. He was mocked and ridiculed.
2. No doubt he wondered about it all.
3. Wondering is not a lack of faith, but quitting is.
C. It was a faith building experience.
1. As his fellowship with God continued, His faith grew.

II. He prepared circumstances for Noah.
A. God directed the building of the Ark. (Read Gen. 6:14-22)
B. God rules over circumstances.
Genesis 8:20-22 And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. [21] And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every ` thing living, as I have done. [22] While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
1. He promised no more would the earth be destroyed by water.
2. He promised the seasons would continue.
3. He promised there would always be day and night.

III. He prepared a covenant for Noah. (Read Gen. 9:12-17)
A. God gave His sign: The bow in the clouds.
B. Has God given a sign to us? Definitely: the entire Godhead has!
1. God the Father gave us a sign: Jesus.
2. Jesus gave us a sign: The Holy Spirit.
3. The Spirit gave us a sign: power.

Hopefully you will be able to see this message on Friday as it was delivered at the Friendship Harmony Baptist Church yesterday December 30, 2013 in the ten o’clock service. Have a good and safe week, and if you are to be on the roads tonight, New Year’s Eve, please be careful. Happy New Year from Pastor Vic, Bess, and the entire Cooper family. I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment