Monday, May 6, 2013

Rescue, Rehabilitate, Release

Good Monday Morning To You!!!

I hope you have had good days since we last visited. Miss Bessie and I were able to get away for a bit last week, and although we were frequently rained out, we did make it to Sea World in Orlando, and the Clearwater Marine Aquarium in Clearwater, Florida. I’ll tell you more about Clearwater in a minute, but I’ve got to tell you about an experience we had at Sea World. I call it a “God appointment.” We weren’t sure when we were going to Sea World, but we felt a strong urge to do it last Monday. When we arrived, we entered the park and as tourists do, we went from exhibit to exhibit. After lunch, we went to a show with dancers and acrobats. We were about thirty minutes early for the show, so we began talking to a couple in the row in front of us. They were about our age and lived in North Carolina. We also found out they were dedicated Christians who were active in their Church. We soon discovered that the wife was fighting cancer and undergoing Chemotherapy. For many people the cancer treatments can be rough. I remember Miss Bessie’s treatments. She suffered greatly and was ready to quit several times. Having experienced it herself, Bess was able to give this dear lady some comfort, hope, and a listening ear. I call it a God appointment, because He wanted us there at that time for those people. I do not know why the Lord wanted a clergy couple from Pine Island, Florida to meet a couple from North Carolina while in Orlando, but I am certainly glad He did. We were able to minister to their need, and to make new friends.

Services yesterday at Friendship Harmony were tremendous. I’m very excited about the visitors who have been coming. Not only are they coming, but they are coming repeatedly. What a tremendous blessing!

As I told you earlier, Miss Bessie and I visited the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. If you saw the movie, “A Dolphin’s Tale,” I’m sure you remember the little Dolphin named Winter who lost her tail after becoming entangled in some fishing nets. This is a true story which actually took place at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. If you live in Florida, or are planning to visit here, I strongly urge you to go to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. I guarantee it will be a highlight of your trip. As our guide told us, “We are a hospital first, and an attraction second.” Their motto is, “Rescue, Rehabilitate, Release. The plan is to rescue a marine animal in distress, treat its wounds, and prepare it to be able to go back to its natural habitat. Their main focus is dolphins, whales, sea turtles, and river otters. They also rescue other animals, stabilize them, and then transport them to facilities that specialize in that animal’s care. For more information about these fine people, visit their website at www.seewinter.com.

As I was thinking about their motto, Rescue, Rehabilitate, Release, I realized that is what happens when God saves a soul. For our example, I used the conversion of Saul of Tarsus, better known to you as the Apostle Paul. The notes are below, and you can see the message tomorrow on www.youtube.com. From their home page, type in Friendship Harmony Baptist Church, hit enter, then click on our icon. I hope the notes and the video is a blerssing to you.

Rescue, Rehabilitate, Release
Acts 9:1-20
By Victor Cooper
05/03,04/13

Intro: At the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, their motto states their purpose for being there. They rescue, rehabilitate, and release injured dolphins, sea turtles, and otters. They also rescue other animals and birds in or near the ocean and Gulf of Mexico, and send them to a facility that specializes in those species. They rescue, rehabilitate, and release the animal back to the ocean.

Saul of Tarsus had a similar experience.

I. Saul’s rescue. Acts 9:3-5
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: [4] And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? [5] And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutes…
A. The rescuer was available with the right equipment --- a light.
B. The rescuer spoke firmly but gently.
C. Other rescuers were ready to be involved.
Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
1. You were rescued from the clutches of sin because someone (s) was willing to be
used.

.

II. Saul’s rehabilitation. Acts 9:15-16; 19-20
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: [16] For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
[19] And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. [20] And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
A. A goal was in place. V15
B. A plan was in place. V 16
C. The plan was carried out. V19
.1. He went off for three years to learn.
Galatians 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
D. The rehabilitation was complete. V20

III. Saul’s release. Acts 9:27 But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
A. He was released to serve. Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
I hope your upcoming week is one that will provide you with God appointments where you will be able to participate in someone’s rescue, rehabilitation, and release. If you are not a believer, or are unsure, please let me hear from you. My e-mail address is preachercooper@hotmail.com. Feel free to contact me at any time. Be sure to check out the video tomorrow, and I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment