Monday, April 15, 2013

Braggin' On The Ladies!

Good Monday Morning To You!!

I hope you had a good week. Today I want to do a little bragging. I’m not talking about the arrogant, bad kind, but the kind that says how proud I am. Here at Friendship Harmony, we had two small groups this year: the Book of Zechariah study group led my dear friend and colleague, Rabbi Jim Pickens, and our Ladies Group. Allow me a moment to sing the praises of our Ladies Group. This group meets monthly for a luncheon, a devotion, and a time of fellowship and worship. After their meeting the other day my wife, Miss Bessie, came in and asked if the Ladies Group could sing a special at the next service. She said they had sung “The Old Rugged Cross” at their meeting and wanted to sing it for the upcoming church service. I certainly agreed, and yesterday they sang. It was absolutely fabulous. They were a real joy to hear and to watch. They had beautiful 3-part harmony, and joy radiated on their faces. They turned a good service into a great one. I want to thank our ladies for a job well done. Our Ladies Group meets year round, and I hope they will sing again for us soon.

Yesterday I preached message number two in the four part series, “Coming With His Coming.” As you might recall, the first message was “The Coming Day,” and yesterday was “The Coming Dawn.” From the moment I began preparing this message, until late Saturday night, I had to wrestle with the devil. He did not want that message preached. I love it when Satan acts up like that. It tells me I am right where God wants me to be, and that I am doing His will. Anyway, the devil is still fighting this message. I always post the notes, but for the moment I cannot find the memory stick where I stored them. When I find it, I will do a mid-week post. In the meanwhile, you can see this and other messages by going to www.youtube.com. From their homepage, type Friendship Harmony Baptist Church into the banner, hit enter, then scroll to the message you’d like to see.

Well, it’s the wee hours on Monday morning, and I’ve got an early day, so I guess I’d better close for now. Have a good week, and as always I’m so glad we can visit this way. Be sure to come by and see me on YouTube. I hope to see you there, and I’ll see you next Monday Morning With Pastor Vic!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment